[openbeos] Re: The importance of good communications

  • From: Ralf Schülke <teammaui@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:19:03 +0200

Hi all,

I see this Communications in the freelist ;-)

I think we have 3 point to mast coordinate:

1) Haiku Development
2) Haiku Webpage
3) Haiku Support

To 1):
Here is this on the good way to get R1
Status Quo can we found in the source tree and cia.
Developer talks in IRC (when have time)

To 2):
In time is a Webpage not that what we need for R1, this is a fact.
What is negativ in time?
- not uptodate , when i look the Developer Status? i think, the project is
Die. I miss more Inforamtion on the Developer works = i time is
NetworkStack and USB Intresting and New Icons formats (Vector).

BUT all in all need Haiku Webpage TEAM.
A greadness Webpage is from FreeBSD, why?.
I used this page an i found what i need (for first user to a Developer)
http://www.freebsd.org/

To 3):
Here can halp a community with a Forum, IRC, HUG (Haiku User Groups)
And "Contributers" - I hope we became not the same as we Linux 1000 from
Haiku Distributions.
A Haiku Support is similar in the Docu = Get and Install, FAQ, Developer
goals, Bugreports*, HowTo`s.

This 3 point need a TEAM to manage this. A TEAM to get a first rulz and
give the way a "Red Line" ;-)

But in this TEAM mast a real people from Haiku first time or spendet a much
of times and works.

Haiku as we a Foundation !?

Haiku is nice in progress, but we mast thinking and buffer the power`s.
The Haiku Forum are good but this is a part for a community and contrib.

Contest ar good, but need we this ? Stippi did a good job for you icons.
Webpage is here and who is a team ? to bring this on the way ?
When i have a wish , i vote for charlie as a webpage administrator and
a coordinator.

I hope this will not misanderstuck

Ralf Schülke aka Stargater