[openbeos] Re: The importance of good communications

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:15:25 +0200

On 2006-08-15 at 12:49:50 [+0200], Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > > And who should the "someone" be? If you want it, do it.
> >
> > I would be delighted to do it if everyone else agrees it is a good idea.
> >
> > If I could get "access to all areas" I would propose creating a summary
> > report on activity seen from each team, then posting it on this list for
> > review before the website is updated, perhaps once every two weeks?
>
> Hmmm, just as a suggestion I'd say you try it blog style. Simply pick
> out the interesting commits, mailing lists posts and forum topics and
> publish as you find. I tried keeping a CVS update for a while, but you
> inevitably end up creating a back log. The blog style has a free form
> and doesn't require you to keep an administration. Plus it makes it
> easy for other people to contribute.

It has been done before. I think it was called Weekly Haiku. Very nice.
Unfortunately, not right on the Haiku site. We are all hoping that with the
new website, it will become possible/much more easy to contribute in this
style, only without further spreading the source of information away from
the "official" Haiku site.

Best regards,
-Stephan