[haiku] Re: Problem with cprivmsg.txt

  • From: collinsautomotive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 16:09:53 -0500

> Now I verified both CD-Rs (the one that works and the other that has the
> installation problem) with the tool FastSum on the target machine (Windows
> Vista 32 Bit).
> The checksums are for all folders (including all files) the same on both
> CD-Rs. The MD5 checksums match perfectly.
>
> However, when I tied to install Haiku by using the two CD-Rs, it worked with
> one (burnt with Nero Trial) and there was the copying file problem with the
> other CD (burnt with CDBurnerXP) during the installation.
>
> Any ideas what the reason for this problem could be?
>
> Perhaps there are differences between the methods how the CD is accessed by
> Windows respectively Haiku?
> Error corrections?
> DMA access?
> Driver problems?
>
> Regards,
> Miroslav Stimac
> --
> GRATIS! Movie-FLAT mit über 300 Videos.
> Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome

   I must admit. That's downright bizzare. Maybe the issue is the way the file
is distributed on
the media or that the ISO interpritation stanrds are not properly adhered to by
the software
generating the CD. ? If the checksums are the same it can mean one thing the
placement is
different.  Maybe the thing to do currently is to advise users burning CD in
windows to use the
NERO ISO burning tools. I noted similar issues with Magic ISO as well.

   Sean