[haiku] Re: Problem with cprivmsg.txt

  • From: "Miroslav Stimac" <Miroslav.Stimac@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 21:23:38 +0100

> That suggests, as François offered, that the second program does
> something
> "intelligent". To verify the suspicion you can md5sum two CDs of the same
> Haiku version burnt with either program and compare with the md5sum of the
> original image.
>
> CU, Ingo

Now I am totally confused.
I created MD5sums for each file on both CD-Rs (one burnt with Neto and works,
one burnt with CDBurnerXP and does not work) and compared them all with PSPad.
There are no differences.
All MD5sums are exactly matching on both CD-Rs.

Perhaps it is really a compatibility problem with the DVD drive of my notebook
and it does not like CDs that are burnt with CDBurnerXP.
However, both CD-Rs were recorded by using my main PC (tower) and it has an
other DVD drive than the notebook. I created the MD5sums by using my main PC,
too.

Is it possible that CDBurnerXP does not burn the CD-Rs in the same way as Nero,
although I use the same hardware?

Regards,
Miroslav Stimac