[openbeos] Re: Post-mortems: a suggested method for continuous improvements

  • From: "Andrew Gildehaus" <agildehaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 13:49:32 -0600

I think we all agree that the first release of code was handled in an
innappropriate manner.  Regardless if you think the Preference apps are
"finished", they hadn't gone through any QA testing and they DID cause
problems (judging from the TotallyBe website).  Calling untested code a
"release" is just not something you do.  With alpha code, you shouldn't be
using the public as testers.

From what I have heard and I may be wrong, a number of developers were
unaware that their code was going to be placed in this release.  That
shouldn't happen; someone may feel their code isn't ready to make it into a
tarball.