[openbeos] Re: Post-mortems: a suggested method for continuous improvements

  • From: "Andrew Gildehaus" <agildehaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 17:54:25 -0600

> Sounds like you have direct issues with MPhipps as well, who sees it
> foolish to not throw the code out there right now and get the feedback
> loop from the Linux mindset folks who want to obsessive-compulsively
> compile, build, and tweak every single piece of source they can get their
> bloody hands on. When I first read that posting on the main site, I wanted
> to reach out and string up whoever made the decision by certain
> unmentionable body parts.

Whoa, whoa ... calm down there buddy.  I don't have issues with anyone.
It's a GOOD thing we had a release because frankly I saw a lot of doubts
within the community about the future of OpenBeOS.  It's an UNFORTUNATE
thing that code wasn't up to par for this release.  Nobody told those news
sites to start posting about us.  TotallyBe saw the tarball go up on
SourceForge and it was news, links and all.  BeBits didn't post any news ...
what you're seeing on BeBits is a listing of BeGroovy headlines.

> Next time around it might make sense that we want some of us in our
> respective teams to take some time and beat on the programs in question
> for release...

Correct.

Issue closed.  Next release = better handled, right folks?  We'll learn from
our mistakes, not get angry at each other over them.

Andrew