[openbeos] Re: Post-mortems: a suggested method for continuous improvements

  • From: David Sowsy <dsowsy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 18:51:40 -0500 (EST)

> >Yes, but do you want Joe Q. Public non-dev running it now?
>
> Only if they are knowing targets.
> If they *choose* to do so, then yes. If they know that it is beta type
> code.

If they 'choose' to do so we can point them to a testing area.
The common man only knows headlines.

> >Joe Q. Public isn't going to rush right out and compile the
> >latest build. "Internal" releases should be just that; limited to
> >the OpenBeOS web site hosted on Source Forge, and the mailing list.
>
> Maybe not the average BeOS user. Maybe. But certainly the average Linux user
> is very accustomed to that.
> And since there is some level of crossover, it wouldn't surprise me.

The average Linux user has compiler-toting OCD and extreme paranoia.

> >It doesn't need to be posted on BeBits, BeDope, BeGroovy, OSNews, Slashdot
> >or anywhere else.
>
> I think that posting the news is a good thing. Posting a link might well be
> something else.

A quick glance at OSNews.com "This first release" and link right to the
tarball. To the average person "first release" == R1.

David Sowsy    .    /|\  BeOS Rebel and Coder   .  *  .
http://dsowsy.nanorevolution.com   .   *   .   *   .  .