[openbeos] Re: On the new Haiku website

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:10:29 +0200

2006/8/23, Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Am 23.08.2006 um 11:39 schrieb Mikael Jansson (mailing lists):

> Which is why I'd prefer something like reStructuredText for writing
> content that's mostly composed of text. It's a lot easier on the
> fingers (no closing tags), and the eyes (looks similar to the output).

DocBook has already been agreed by the existing, active developers as
the standard format for technical documentation. Axel has pointed out
that there has been considerable discussion on this in the past and
that the matter is now closed.

I'm not interested on discussing it again, but I'm still curious to the arguments for docbook. Mainly because I think it shows what the ideas on the direction and scope of the developer documentation are. It would give us a good overview of the reason for the choice so that people that want to help out can decide whether they 'fit' in that vision.

Thanks

Niels