[openbeos] Re: On the new Haiku website

  • From: Miguel Zúñiga <mzuniga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:28:17 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Niels Reedijk"
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 12:43 PM

2006/08/17 Axel Dörfler:

We already have tried what you proposed with the first team, we've
already discussed what we want, and what's needed. We even have a start
of the documentation in DocBook format in our repository (under src/
documentation/).
While a Wiki might be good enough for end-user documentation (like how
to use preferences panel X), it's not for something like the Haiku
book. And I definitely don't want to see any documentation team working
without a version control system.

Okay, I sort of misunderstood. I thought we were talking about end user documentation. Developer documentation is of a whole different kind.

I need to think about that one.

Niels

We are mainly talking about User documentation. At the Wiki, only two or three people have talked about the Developer documentation, but no one has even proposed some format. I have done some general format, but i need to review more, so it can be realistic and that complies with the original Documentation Team requeriments, which i still have. Back then, we decided to stop for more Haiku advance. I think now it is a good moment to restart, but, unlike user documentation, we can only discuss the contents with you guys. In the last months i have learned some IT and documenting concepts i would like to apply to the developer documentation, then submit it to your opinion.

Thank you for your interest. I am very glad for all the answers i am getting.
It motivates me to keep documenting myself. Once again, thank you.

Miguel Zúñiga