[openbeos] Re: On the new Haiku website

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:52:42 -0400

Koki wrote:
>What excites/motivates engineers (our primary audience) more?
>The history of the technology, or the future potential that said technology
has?

Engineers are usually forward thinkers.  They enjoy solving problems with
unique solutions.  Even if it is a problem with a given solution, they often
search for a better solution.  History is certainly important to understand
the problem and existing solutions. However, the motivation is creating
something better for the future.  My alma mater currently uses the slogan
"We Change the Way the World Works".  While the slogan itself might be a bit
grandiose (the world is always changing), I believe it does capture the idea
of forward thinking.

Curtis