[openbeos] Re: Messages Translation ?

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <mrcode@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:07:37 EDT

>There are some easy way to have all messages translated to other
languages ?
>Like having .h files with messages constants for each message ?

I think localization is a good idea, and is something that should
probably be designed at the OS level (for both the OS and
applications.)  Header files should only be used for the basic message
constants, with external files that contain the actual messages for
each constant in each language (maybe this is what you were suggesting
Fernando?)  That way new language support can be added to the OS and
applications without recompiling.  I think we could look to Mozilla for
ideas about how to implement and manage this.

But either way this is probably a Glass Elevator/R2 issue.

Ryan Leavengood
OpenBeOS Build Team Lead