[openbeos] Re: Messages Translation ?

  • From: hotplasma@xxxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 01:16:11 GMT

I do know a thing or too about languages, Most latin based languages would be
the easiest to do b/c you dont need any special characters, except maybe an
accent mark here and there. But with russian that is a different ball park, the
alphabete is a bit different but should be easily done. Now the phoenician
based languages e.g. arabic and hebrew those are the tough ones b/c of the
alphabete so someone would need to know the workings of one or the other for it
to be localized. But other than the languages that are not roman based then you
shouldnt run into any problems. So it can be done it would just take some time
finding the people who know how the languages work and if needed to design a
font for the different script styles like with the far-east languages
(japanese, chinese, korean, and thai if there are more please forgive me.) But
yes it can be done.

Mark

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.