[haiku] Re: Haiku flier reprint

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 09:25:57 -0800

Hi Charlie,

Charlie Clark wrote:
Am 12.12.2009, 17:02 Uhr, schrieb Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I don't know.
Flyer alarm will do 1,000 copies on 250g A4 glossy for around € 75. You can't really argue with that. That's approximately us$110, which is a very good price indeed. But this would still be more expensive than printing the extra 1K here and shipping them to EU (which is us$75).

2,500 would be € 130. So maybe it's cheaper to print and ship from here.

Given the marginal price difference I think the flexibility - that price is for 4 day, smallest volume would 250 copies - is more imporant. Assuming we are going to have the flyers at several events in Europe in 2010 which we will be attended by different people I'd wish to avoid shipping say to Paris and back to Chemnitz.

Before we rush to conclusions, let's make sure we are comparing apples to apples:

Is this price for offset printing?

Is the unit price for 250 sheets the same as that for 2,500 sheets?

What would the cost of shipping 1K sheets to US be from where you are?

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki