[haiku] Re: Haiku flier reprint

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 08:28:57 -0800

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Weinhold wrote:
No arguing with that. What I feel is the more interesting question: Why does it have to be glossy paper? Would using a less environmentally unfriendly paper type (which would also happen to be cheaper) negatively affect the goal of giving people something they can have a look at later? Adding a small "printed on 100% recycled paper" footnote might even warm the hearts of eco-aware people.

It's not the finish (glossy or matte) that determines the eco-friendliness of the printed material. You can use 100% recycled paper and still have a glossy finish; AFAIK, using eco-paper should have no impact on the perceived quality.

I am not sure about the cost, though. I was under the impression that it was more expensive, but I will ask our printer. If it turns out that it costs the same or less, then I would be all for using it and adding a "printed on 100% recycled paper" footnote to appeal to the eco-aware folks.

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki