[haiku] Re: Haiku flier reprint

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 01:16:23 +0100

Jorge G. Mare wrote:
Hi Axel,

Axel Dörfler wrote:

What size is one of those flyers? And what kind of paper?
I'm just asking to get an idea about how expensive it would usually be to print them; at least I would want to get sure if the extra shipping costs are well spent.

Good question; full specs are:

- US letter size
- 4c/0 (CMYK color, single side)
- Full bleeds
- 80lb gloss text paper

Ok, i know a lot of people will find my comment and myself ridiculous, but i don't care!

Am i the only one feeling bad about the waste of paper at conferences? Is it really usefull? can't it be replaced by other medias of communication? especially in conferences about digital/internet projects? for people carrying multi networked connected devices, in 2009? I know i've been guilty there, but thinking about it, all those people coming back home with a heavy bag of paper that they'll never read :) what a strange tradition...

Regards,
Alex

ps: don't see any disrespect in the effort Koki