[haiku] Re: Haiku flier reprint

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 13:51:05 -0800

Howdy,

Matt Madia wrote:
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 15:48, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jorge G. Mare wrote:
To that end, I will prepare all the artwork and work with the printer to
get the job done; but before embarking on this I want confirmation that
Haiku Inc. will pay for all the costs.
In order to have the new fliers ready for FOSDEM/SCaLE, payment to the
printer would have to be made by the end of Jan. 2010. Can anyone from Haiku
Inc. please confirm whether this project can be budgeted or not for that
time frame? Thanks!

Just to make sure, will the final-for-print graphic be made available
to the community for re-use?

Yes, I will release the AI files under a BY-NC-SA Creative Commons license.

WIll the graphic be made available for review and approval before
sending the order?

As a courtesy, I will show the WIP artwork in order to get input from the community, as I have usually done in the past.

Also, is there anyone in Europe to whom we could send their share of the
fliers for actual use and potential distribution to other members as needed?
Is there no use/interest for these fliers in Europe? If that's the case,
please let me know and I will adjust the print quantity (downward)
accordingly, and we'll use them only in the US.

I'd be interested in the price comparisons of those two volumes.
eg, even if no flyers are immediately shipped overseas, it may be
worthwhile to purchase them now.

This is the price breakdown by qty:

1,000: $175.00
2,000: $210.00

In July 2008 we printed 1K fliers. These were distributed at LinuxWorld 2008, Picnix 2008, SCaLE 2009, OSCON 2009, and OpenSource World 2009, and a few other smaller events (SuperHappyDevHouse, LUG presentations, etc.). After approx. 17 months, we still have a some left.

Also, while until recently fliers were our main handouts (primarily because we did not have CDs), this will not be the case anymore as soon as we start handing out Haiku CDs at events. I anticipate the demand for fliers to diminish as a result.

Based on the two above considerations, I think 1K should be more than enough for the US only for the whole 2010. If Europe does want their share, then it would definitely make sense to print 2K.

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki