[openbeos] Re: Data or App Centric?

  • From: Ronald Vos <egregius@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:25:28 +0100

Userfriendlyness comes down to intuitiveness and discoverability in
the short run, and efficiency in the long run.

Let's not forget that userfriendlyness-wise, Windows is pretty darn
bad. The helpfull hints stop being given the moment you need them
most.
"Ask your network administrator for ..."
I *AM* the network administrator! *grmbl*
And how do you switch back certain settings? Why did this suddenly
stop working? (A: accumulation of 'apps') Why can't I access my
network-folder yet?

And in the long run Windows is pretty tiring, because app-centric
isn't really the best way to go about managing your data (such as
emails, contacts, docs).

Ronald Vos