[openbeos] Re: Data or App Centric?

  • From: "Rob Tijssen" <rob.tijssen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 00:05:35 +0100

Same story here, but I think most of alle of the problems mentioned above
can be addressed by making some good documentation and a good help system
with information at the level of "Haiku for Dummies ..." wich would be a
great start, and maybe it should be meda possible to set the level of
comprehension in the help system to get the information you search for, as
in beginner, novice, expert or somethng like this?!?!?

So produce good written docs (a la BeBook) and an even better (customizable
to the experience for the user) help system
With clear explanation of the different choices and technologies.

And keep it data-centric!!! (Microsoft is doing that after many years of
study so we have an advantage :o))

Greets, Rob

And to even help the apps-centric people happy, describe how to acoplish
things to do from a apps-centric view ... so even more people are served
with this approach, I think humbly ;-)