[openbeos] Re: Data or App Centric?

  • From: Cian Duffy <myob87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:56:33 +0000

> While I understand what you mean, this interferes with our goal to take
> over the world. Thus, we need to address the problem at hand - in fact,
> doing this correctly will probably make questions like these
> unneccessary!

But how do you do it 'correctly'? CIFS setup in Windows  XP is
completely done through wizards, etc, but I've yet to find anyone
who's got it working without either knowing what they're doing or
buying ''... for Dummies" book.

Once you start to dumb down a system, you hit a slippery slope where
it gets dumber and dumber and dumber - MacOS, or KDE for example. And
when it starts getting too dumb, advanced users, the *developers* we
need more than users, can't use it - its too damn stupid. And then we
get someone doing a new GUI without simplicity, and we hit the Linux
situation of 2 big DE's, about 5 medium ones, and thirty window
managers; repeated again for media players, browsers, etc.

Cian
--
"We're busy running out of time"