[haiku-i18n] Re: Sync'ing HTA and user guide

  • From: Rimas Kudelis <rq@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 02:21:19 +0300

 Hi,

Pootle status update follows.

Our Pootle server is not ready yet, but it's getting closer to ready
every day. I currently have Pootle 2.0.5 running *temporarily* on Marcos
Xeon3D's server, and it sort of works with catkeys, but not to a full
extent yet (though work is in progress to fix remaining bugs). Actually,
I just managed to translate Workspaces to Lithuanian using Pootle, and
it generated me a nice lt.catkeys file. :)

However, since catkeys don't support fuzzy strings, and we do want old
strings to turn into suggestions, we will probably have to move to
Pootle 2.1, which is now in beta1, right away. That's because 2.1 works
on translations in a database, while 2.0 works directly with files (po,
xliff or catkeys in our case).

All-in-all, there still are some issues, but if I manage to keep current
pace, we may have production Pootle setup really soon. By the way,
Pootle is based on Django platform and written in Python, so if anyone
here knows this stuff, feel free to ping me on IRC, because I don't, and
thus depend on whether or not Pootle developers have time for looking at
my problems...

Regarding HTML translation: I'm not so sure if that's directly possible
using Pootle right now. I'll find out though.

Good night,
Rimas