[haiku-i18n] Re: Sync'ing HTA and user guide

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:42:21 +0200

Hi!

2010/7/22, Travis D. Reed <tdreed@xxxxxxxxx>:
> mmadia was kind enough to help me out on that. Our work is at
> http://hta.polytect.org/users/managers. Knowing which username goes with
> which user and which user goes with which language was a tad tricky. If
> you're missing from the list or misassigned, please let me know.

Maybe, if HTA and the translation site move to a haiku server, we
could have a nice intro page linking to localization and translation,
pointing to the mailing lists and wikis and a list of all translators
and their roles and languages.

Once HTA is completely ready (with Pootle and role dependant
permissions), at least for the German localization, I'll try to invite
everyone contributing to it to the haiku-i18n-de mailing list to hash
things out.

Maybe, if everyone agrees, we can discuss some simple guidelines on
this mailing list to formalize the localization/translation process.

>> PS: Could you please stop top posting, Travis?
> Wow...that is rather clean looking, isn't it! Sorry for the faux pas. I feel
> silly now...

Hehe. As Disrealis' signature puts it:

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?