[haiku-i18n] Re: Sync'ing HTA and user guide

  • From: Vasco Costa <vasco.costa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 20:18:29 +0100

On 07/20/2010 05:43 PM, Humdinger wrote:
The problem is, that anyone can log into HTA and
change/delete/approve/invalidate strings. This makes it a target for
mischief as well as a constantly moving one with regard to the user
guide.

Agreed. I don't feel safe translating something which could be vandalized by some ill intended soul or even changed accidentally.

[BTW: Ultimately cool would be a linking of the User Guide Translation
site and HTA. If we could tie something like the name of a menu item
directly to the translated string at HTA, so when the HTA string
changes, it also changes in the user guide... Utopia? :)]

I had this thought myself. Meanwhile a possible manual solution could be producing a comprehensive terminology list including such things as menu item names from the catalogs and keep it open while translating the User Guide.

--
Vasco Costa