[haiku-doc] Re: Use of multiple languages on this list (was: [German] User Guide - Übersetzungs Richtlinien)

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 23:27:26 -0700

On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 10:16 -0700, Humdinger wrote:
> -- Matt Madia, on Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:50:41 -0400:
> > Some months ago I was trying to get a permanent address as a backup
> > admin on some of haiku-* lists because there was at least one list
> > that was created by an individual account.  when they left, they
> > removed themselves, and admin access was lost.  Basically as long as
> > each list has two active people with admin access, it should be good.
>
> OK. Since Niels gave me admin for the haiku-docs list a while back, I
> suggest I'll take responsibility for the haiku-transl-* lists as well
> and share admin with the specific language managers.

I wonder if it would not be wise to have a single email address that can
be shared by the admin and the manager, as opposed to each one using
their personal emails.

> I'll create the lists when someone gives his opinion on the name: haiku
> -transl-* or haiku-locale-* ? :)

i18n and L10n are fairly common terms for the kind of people that you
can expect most to contribute in this area (and they are short too), so
I would vote for using any of the two, as in "haiku-i18n-de" for
example.

Regards,

Jorge/aka Koki