[haiku-doc] Re: Use of multiple languages on this list (was: [German] User Guide - Übersetzungs Richtlinien)

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:50:40 -0700

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 07:55 -0700, Humdinger wrote:
> Alright, then.
> Who can create a mailing list for every language and post the
> subscription URLs here?

Since whoever creates a localization list needs to know that language
(has to enter a description, and also act as admin/moderator), I suppose
they can be created as the teams for each language are formed (perhaps
by the language manager?).

> Would it be allowed to at least post the most general decisions (like
> the style issue) made on those lists over here to get possibly
> additional input of those that didn't want to subscribe to yet another
> mailing list?

Like Axel mentioned in his response, a wiki sounds like a better place
to document stuff like this.

> Maybe the "API" part should be removed, or the whole user guide stuff
> is off topic.

I tend to agree with you, but that's perhaps a call for the
documentation team lead (Niels) to make or at least to explain.

Regards,

Jorge/aka Koki