[haiku-doc] Re: Use of multiple languages on this list (was: [German] User Guide - Übersetzungs Richtlinien)

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:12:04 -0700

Hallo!

On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 17:56 +0200, Humdinger wrote:
> If I hear one more vote in favour for i18n, I'm OK with it. :)
> Just want to point out, that with the online tool, everyone capable of
> translating an English text can do so easily by clicking on a paragraph
> and start typing. No experience of the technicalities of translating
> projects is required.

Not necessarily true: you need at least some familiarity with HTML to
make sure you know what they are doing.

> So, not everyone may be familiar with i18n.

If by "everyone capable of translating" you really mean everyone, then
probably yes. But when you put this in the context of those who are
likely to actually translate for Haiku, it is most likely that they
already know the term, so I don't anticipate any problems; and if they
don't know, we have just taught them something. :)

Regards,

Jorge/aka Koki