[haiku-development] Re: haiku_loader never appears on my screen (resolved)

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 20:08:16 +0200

Il giorno 27/mag/2011 19.26, "Adrien Destugues" <
pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

> Can someone have a look at this new bootloader code in ticket #3441 ? it
seems it helps with quite some computers where the current one doesn't work.
Maybe we should put it in alpha3, or at least provide it as an alternative
in the release notes in some way ?
> Not sure I can read x86 assembly well enough...
> --
> Adrien.

I think it shouldn't go in the alpha since it's completely new code, and in
such a critical component like the boot loader. If it really helps on so
many computers it should go in the trunk.