[haiku-development] Re: haiku_loader never appears on my screen (resolved)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 23:48:28 +0200

André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As far as functionality goes, they should be identical. And while in
> theory I
> could relicense "my" part of the code, I thought it would be silly to
> claim
> copyright on moving existing code around (so the jumps would be
> shorter)
> and adding a few opcodes of my own. The loader is mostly FreeBSD
> code,
> (and the current mbr.S is straight from them), so credit to whom it
> is due, right?

Definitely, even the license asks for it ;-)
If I read it correct, though, we have to include the license even in
the binary form, ie. it should be part of AboutSystem, or am I missing
something?

** Copyright (c) 1999 Robert Nordier
** All rights reserved.
**
** Redistribution and use in source and binary forms are freely
** permitted provided that the above copyright notice and this
** paragraph and the following disclaimer are duplicated in all
** such forms.
**
** This software is provided "AS IS" and without any express or
** implied warranties, including, without limitation, the implied
** warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular
** purpose.

Bye,
   Axel.