[haiku-development] Re: haiku_loader never appears on my screen (resolved)

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 19:20:23 +0100

Can someone have a look at this new bootloader code in ticket #3441 ? it seems it helps with quite some computers where the current one doesn't work. Maybe we should put it in alpha3, or at least provide it as an alternative in the release notes in some way ?

Not sure I can read x86 assembly well enough...
--
Adrien.

Le 24/05/2011 18:04, Starsseed a écrit :
Hello

I'm working on the bug #3441 ( The zbeos never appears on my Screen )

I rewrote a new MBR bootcode from scratch (the existing one was to big so I was not able to "debug" it)

Now I can boot many hardware that used to hang very early in the boot process (this fixes #5696, but #3441 and duplicates #4408, 5539 5720 should be fixed too)

you can find this new MBR boot code attached to #3441 (with setup instructions)
Every feedbacks are welcome.

Regards

PS : Now I'm working to provide a patch (of course)

the ticket :
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/3441
My MBR boot code file :
http://dev.haiku-os.org/raw-attachment/ticket/3441/mbr.bin