[haiku-development] Re: haiku_loader never appears on my screen (resolved)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 10:21:38 +0200 (MEST)

André Braga<meianoite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Since it's mostly tried and tested code, it might lower the barrier to
> adopt on trunk/alpha3. It's also more extensively commented, so more
> eyes could check for errors, even those not so versed in x86 assembly
> (like myself: I made most of those comments for myself while studying
> the original FreeBSD code).

In any case, we should put it to trunk now, and since we have relaxed our alpha
release plan, I think we could put it there, too, if there aren't any problems
after having it in trunk for a few days.
Anyway, thanks Starseed and André for all your work! BTW I would prefer
Starseed's version for the license, but I think having GPT support in there is
more important (if there aren't any other functional differences).

Bye,
   Axel.