[haiku-development] Re: (abandoned?) OptionalPackages still awaiting rebuild or should be just drop them from alpha3?

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:50:38 -0700

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 10:43:02AM -0700, Urias McCullough wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 9:49 AM, scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The following OptionalPackages still haven't had a fresh build on
> > alpha3, nor has anyone stepped up to say that they would make a fresh
> > build of any of these:
> > TimGMSoundFont, TrackerNewTemplates, WonderBrush, BeZillaMail,
> > BeZillaBrowser, friss, links, NetSurf, OpenSound, BeHappy, clucene,
> > Clockwerk, Development Java packages.
>
> Which of these currently fail to work on R1A3?

Certainly some of these are in no need of a rebuild.  TimGMSoundFont, for
instance, is a cross-platform binary file -- just packaged in a folder
(with a link from big_synth.sy) for convenience.

> I suspect BeZilla* are abandoned at this point, due to lack of
> motivation for anyone to update them.

I really don't want BezillaBrowser to go away, though. I can't use W+
for everything yet.

> Previously I was using OpenSound to "fix" some audio problems on a
> couple of my laptops, but the new IO-APIC changes seem to have mostly
> alleviated the problems with our native drivers for me.

As far as I know, I still need OpenSound on that old laptop of yours,
Scott.  (Is there a native driver for the Crystal chip?.)  I'm in the
process of installing a current build there; currently the OSS is still
an older version, but I'll experiment.

        -- Pete --