[haiku-development] Re: (abandoned?) OptionalPackages still awaiting rebuild or should be just drop them from alpha3?

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 13:33:27 -0700

I've updated the wiki page, marked BeZilla and the soundfonts to "use
as is" status.  I'll try making a .bep for friss soon.  Several others
were probably built using R1/Development, so they may or may not need
to be updated?  If you know and can edit the wiki, please mark them as
ok, or not...
BeHappy and NetSurf have a few open trac tickets, basically saying
they are broken.  It's been awhile since I used OpenSound, anyone
tried it since the recent IO-APIC fixes?  I wonder if the long startup
delay is still there?

>It is not necessary at all to update all of these packages. Only packages that
>have not been built on an official release "should" be updated.

Would that refer to r1a1, r1a2 and/or r1a3, or anything since r1a1,
including r1/development?  I've marked those are "may need rebuild on
a release"

I also realized that I missed rebuilding the ruby gcc2 package, that
has now been updated.

-scottmc