[haiku-development] Re: (abandoned?) OptionalPackages still awaiting rebuild or should be just drop them from alpha3?

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 15:18:37 +0200

On 2011-06-05 at 00:28:02 [+0200], pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I think that mail nicely explains my frustration... (:-/)
>
> It cost me a *hell* of a lot more time than it cost you (many months
> of often demoralizing debugging).  The fact that a patch isn't "perfect"
> or "complete" should not prevent it being committed, if the problem that it
> addresses made the system many, many times *less* perfect!  And alpha
> Haiku is certainly not "perfect"...
>
> That you only "skimmed" the patch, and you *think* it has style violations
> is not encouraging.  If there are still violations, I will fix them [I
> thought
> I had].

I don't just *think* there are style violation, I *know* there are. My
skimming through the patch has shown me that it isn't ready to be applied as
is. I understand your frustration, but this whole discussion has probably
cost me more time than to look into the issue myself. I feel that continuing
like this is simply not a good investment of my time.

I quite intentionally did not take ownership of the ticket, BTW. I currently
don't have an environment to quickly test this. Even if I wanted to apply
the patch I'd first have to set one up. I hope someone else feels more
motivated than me.

CU, Ingo