[haiku-development] Re: Who's working Haiku's on UI/UX?

  • From: "Andrew Hudson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "hudsonco1@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 10:28:31 -0400

Hi Fox,

Welcome to the Haiku project. I saw from your post on the forum that you have
an interest in UI, excellent. I can't speak for everyone
on this subject but my impression is that most effort into Haiku UI/UX has been
to reproduce the BeOS GUI, look, feel, and intent.
With the exception of tile and stacking, there has not been a really large
effort to add or extend the interface classes of Haiku.

This may be because many Haiku developers are more interested in OS
infrastructure work. If someone were interested in creating new
interface classes, Haiku would be an ideal environment for experimenting.

Regards,
Andrew