[haiku-development] Re: Who's working Haiku's on UI/UX?

  • From: fox noodles <foxnoodles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 13:50:02 +0400

First of all, let me say I _was_ quite enjoying some parts of this
thread's UI discussion, hearing arguments for/against certain changes, all
good mostly

same same.

Right, so as a response to critique you insult the one developer who has
probably done most work on any of the improvements of the Haiku UI so far?
Besides making him more negative, a reaction like that does not inspire
much confidence in future discussions with you either...

I didn't start it so please..trash talking about "crappy" designers while
I'm the only person related to "designers"... ye well sorry can't give damn
about a person who talks like that. No matter what he has done in the past.

And who are you to judge Steffen then? Nobody is judging people here, we're
judging the arguments that people make....

As u might notices I do like to argument my thoughts. And I don't judge
people for no reason.. People tend to get agressive when they someone says
what u did is kinda wrong/old/outdated/not good. let's fix it.

Sorry to see you head out, you were sparking an interesting discussion. Why
not continue with _constructive_ criticism instead?

I'm very sorry as well, this could've been a start for something huge but
hey less as more. There's no so called constructive criticism envolved
here. All except you me and Loon here are here to sit back in the chair
and hear our arguments and throw them to trash by saying "I don't like it"
"I preffer" "it's ok". Nobody cares what you me or anyone else likes. I
didin't like the transparent hidden scrollbars when they first appeared
either. But I know that they are better. I've put my arguments on this
twice and even added that it's a matter of taste and we should let the user
to decide. what else do you want? a mockup of how the hidden scrollbar
works? well google around. That being said people here are not into
changes. They tend to believe that UX designer is a pseudo profession a
community driven programming is enough to come up with a full fledged up
todate modern OS. I'm not into that so I'll better stop right there. I
swear a god I tried to help but this is too much. If u still wanna see my
"crappy" concepts google this in a month or so.

Cheer man and good luck everyone.