[haiku-development] Re: Ready to go for R1/Alpha4 yet?

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 21:13:13 +0200

Am 08.08.2012 18:06, schrieb Ryan Leavengood:
Is there any chance Clemens or someone else can look at this issue
this week or next? Otherwise as release coordinator I may have to do
it, even though I don't use IMAP generally and haven't used MDR in
years. But if this is really a serious issue (as it seems) someone
will have to look at it.

As I said a number of times, I'm currently working on IMAP -- since I have to change quite a number of things, this will still take a while, though.

I would consider any work put in the current codebase as a waste of time. The IMAP protocol parser is very much broken, and will only work with very few servers as is.

Anyway, as has been suggested, the best option would either be to help me out reworking IMAP (but to get that stable it will probably take longer than we want to wait), or to revert Clemens changes in the release branch, and ship the same MDR we shipped with alpha/2.

Bye,
   Axel.