[haiku-development] Re: Looking for feedback on enhancements for dealing with Mac keyboards with Haiku

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 01:18:33 -0400

Thank you for all the responses especially to axeld for commenting on 7965
and everyone who commented on 7967.

I didn't get any responses on 7964 so I assume that the keyboard layout
files are acceptable.

One change that I was thinking of making was to put the Apple Aluminum
layout files in their own subdirectory in
data/src/data/KeyboardLayouts/Apple Aluminum/ since there are a bunch of
them. I did that and added support in the keymap preference app to create a
submenu for the Apple Aluminum/ subdirectory to the keyboard layouts menu.

Unfortunately, in order to build the image I had to change line 124 of
build/scripts/build_haiku_image from

cp="$fsShellCommand cp -f"

cp="$fsShellCommand cp -rf"

in order to get the image to build with a subdirectory in data/system/data.
I don't know what the full impact of this change is though. It works for me
but perhaps this isn't a good change.

Advice welcome, thank you,

John Scipione