[haiku-development] Re: Looking for feedback on enhancements for dealing with Mac keyboards with Haiku

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 04:03:09 -0400

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 2:17 AM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> No, it just makes the target names unique. For more info please cf. the Jam
> documentation (three HTML files in Jam's directory ("jam/" in buildtools
> trunk)).

So that is where the Jam documentation is hidden!

Sorry again, the variable is of course SEARCH. SEARCH_SOURCE is the default
> search path for a subdirectory.

SEARCH worked beautifully, thank you Ingo.

The line with the Glob overwrites keyboardLayoutFiles. Glob also prepends
> the directory path, BTW. AddDirectoryToHaikuImage is superfluous as
> AddFilesToHaikuImage does that implicitly.

That explains why the Glob line seemed to work for me. I have removed the
line now that SEARCH works. I also removed the superfluous
AddDirectoryToHaikuImage line. I wasn't sure if it was needed or not so that
you for confirming that it is in fact extraneous.

I have uploaded 2 new patches to http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/7964. The
first new patch contains just the HaikuImage changes so you can go look at
the patch to see if it is okay if you'd like.

The second patch contains just the changes to the Keymap preference app to
make submenus in the Layout menu work. I added some recursive methods to
make it work with n levels of subdirectories. Of course this functionality
isn't really needed now, one level is good enough. But, maybe someday if we
have a lot of keymap files then organizing them in subdirs could be helpful.
Besides if you add subdirectories to your user KeyboardLayout dir the app
won't break. Personally I think this patch is looking really good. The
recursive methods actually made the code much simpler and cut out a lot of
repetition as well as getting rid of an ugly goto statement that was a bit
shaky.

Thanks for all your help.

John Scipione