[haiku-development] Re: Looking for feedback on enhancements for dealing with Mac keyboards with Haiku

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 10:02:18 +0200

Hi John!

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 00:53:54 -0400, John Scipione wrote:
The third enhancement aims to make the bitmap images that appear in
menus ("SHFT", "CTL", "ALT", and "OPT") closer to the image that
appears on the keyboard. This is mostly just a small enhancement
changing CTL -> CTRL and SHFT to SHIFT. The big change is to change
option to either a Windows key flag or a Command clover depending on
if you have a Windows or Mac keyboard. Should I go with the curvy
Windows key or the square one? Should I just go for the word "WIN".
Same with "CMD" vs. the clover? Should I just leave the key as "OPT"?

IMO Win-key ones heavily overload the visual representation of the menu. As far as I remember in UI Design terms it is called "visual noise" and should be avoided. In my opinion the "Win" ones are much more lightweight. They are looking like text and do not supress the user's "subconscious". ;-)

--
Kind Regards,
   S.Zharski