[haiku-development] Re: Google Summer of Code 2008

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:12:23 -0800

Salvatore Benedetto wrote:
On 28/02/2008, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Salvatore Benedetto <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > What about the Haiku Inc. transaction instead?

You mean the transition? Similar word, but different :)

I actually wrote transition the first time and then "correct" it! :)

 >  Are there any news about it? If I don't mistake there won't be
 >  a Google Summer of Code for Haiku without the transaction
 >  and 40.000 $ (maybe more this year) will be lost.

From what we understand there is no need for the transition to be
 complete before we can apply to the Summer of Code. But we would like
 to have everything sorted out before it comes time for payment from
 Google. That won't be until after the summer and we plan to have the
 transition complete and everything sorted out well before then. In
 fact we would like to have things in good shape before the end of
 March.

Are you 100% sure about this? Better ask on the GSoC group or
better yet use their email address.

Having a non-profit organization is not a requirement to participate in the GSoC as a mentor organization. So even if Haiku Inc. were to disappear today or tomorrow (which it will not), it has no impact whatsoever in Haiku's eligibility to the GSoC program.

Koki