[haiku-development] Re: Google Summer of Code 2008

  • From: "Oliver Ruiz Dorantes" <oliver.ruiz.dorantes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 20:55:41 +0100

Hi All

Being honest I never used Haiku website, so I
wonder how we(mentors) can add new ideas to the projects list, or how would
be the procedures to add new idea.

I personally think
the list should be increased, mmu_man had nice ideas last year :)

I would like to mentor something that I am skilled as priority, of course
afterwards... we can end up mentoring whatever it shows up... or even more
than 1 student.

So... I wanted to propose a Bluetooth Preferences App (outside the bounty I
have assigned) as Idea. My main reason is not to deal with UI stuff and
be able to be focused in more hardcore parts of the stack. At the same time
the work of this student will be implicitly a good test case for the stack,
and pushing the paralel development.

How do you guys feel/ like this ?

Regards

Oliver