[haiku-development] Aw: Re: Proposal from Begeistert: Getting Ready for the First Beta

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:43:55 +0200 (CEST)

Sorry about the HTML mail. Second attempt ...

On 09/19/2013 06:02 AM, Jessica Hamilton wrote:> I was under the assumption
that it would've been after the branch had
> been merged :) IMAP would be nice to have too! ;-)
>
> I do have one question regarding package management, however...
>
> In the current nightlies, a large majority of the system is in a single
> "haiku" package. Yet, all this time, people have been talking about how
> package management will allow us to upgrade individual parts of the
> system at a time.

Yeah, "people" are talking about a lot of things.

> Shouldn't we then have separate packages for each
> app/component to achieve this?

The haiku package could probably be split up a bit, but I don't think we want
to put everything in a separate package.

If your concern is regarding download sizes, this could also be solved at the
transport level (e.g. via binary diffs).

CU, Ingo