[haiku-development] Re: Proposal from Begeistert: Getting Ready for the First Beta

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 21:20:54 -0400

Stephan Aßmus wrote:
And this all has a substantial technical side as well, where tools and
workflows need to be built to make this all as painless as possible. This
process and transition could take many months or even years.

Best regards,
-Stephan

If including package management into the OS introduced years of extra development, then its inclusion has made a small problem into a significantly larger one. The bigger one being that anyone willing to donate to haiku, is going to give up and walk away. I am still highly disturbed about the disposition of Karl at Haikuware and I understand his frustration. You do have some responsibility to be up front with your support groups. Frankly, they are tired of waiting.

Sean