[haiku-development] Re: A tale of two accelerant API's

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 21:52:59 -0500

Urias McCullough wrote:

Here's an interesting question to ponder: If you had one family
computer that multiple people could use at the same time, how might
that affect software licensing? It would be interesting if a single
license of Microsoft Office, for example, could be used by everyone in
the family simultaneously. Obviously this isn't a question that
matters on Haiku, but still, an interesting situation that I doubt
software companies consider often.

- Urias

Well, most companies that offer interactive multi user simultaneous software, seem to have seat licensing models and they share a common data base with multiple instances of the program running at least on instance per user. At least thats how ever Point of sale system and shared database program like Quickbooks seems to be setup.

At least that has been my experience thus far.

Sean