[haiku-development] Re: A tale of two accelerant API's

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 15:33:14 +0100

Am 11/02/2013 23:35, schrieb looncraz:
My work on compositing is trying to be flexible enough to run multiple
fully independent frame buffers, window lists, and desktops.

That reminds me: the app_server is already completely agnostic towards how the frame buffer looks like.
It doesn't care whether a workspace is in a single frame buffer or not.
Every Screen object can come with its own framebuffer, and that might be powered by the same graphics driver or not. In any case, the graphics driver is the only one that decides whether or not a multi-head situation shares the same framebuffer.
From the POV of the app_server, every screen has its own framebuffer.

Bye,
   Axel.