[haiku-depot-web] Re: Update; Pkg Localization

  • From: "Alexander G. M. Smith" <agmsmith@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 15:57:09 -0500 EST

Augustin Cavalier wrote on Sun, 1 Mar 2015 13:55:39 -0500:
> Also: Somebody changed "beshare_x86" to "BeShare x86". Why not get rid of
> the "x86"? The end-user shouldn't know about this, so the only packages
> with "x86" ever left in the title (or _gcc2 on gcc4h) should be libraries,
> command-line-tools that don't also have a GUI, and devel packages.

I'd say that shouldn't be there, the architechture is part of the package.
A PowerPC or ARM version would be in a different .hpkg file, so no need
to have it in the name.

Possibly the confusion arose because the original BeShare .zip distribution
had both PPC and X86 builds, thus the name variations to avoid confusion.

- Alex