[haiku-depot-web] Re: Update; Pkg Localization

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 07:24:33 +1300

Hi Humdinger;

Either I misunderstand something, or there's something wrong. When
viewing a package, I get links below (among others):
- Edit localizations
- Edit version localizations

The feature luroh tested, localizing the title, is now under "Edit
localizations", "Edit version localizations" leads to the familiar
localization page for summary/description.

Yes, so there are two separate types of localization;

The "edit localization" refers to translations that are invariant between versions. This includes just the "title" at this stage.

The "edit version localization" refers to translations that are able to vary from version to version. This includes the "summary" and the "description". The english-language variant is coded into the HPKG file itself and so is not able to be edited in this way.

cheers.

--
Andrew Lindesay