[haiku-depot-web] Re: Update; Pkg Localization

  • From: luroh <lurohh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 18:11:30 +0100

Humdinger wrote:
> luroh wrote:

>> Speaking of Categories though, I took the liberty of de-categorizing
>> every _devel package yesterday in an effort to primarily decrease the
>> number of entries in Development.
>
> I thought we wanted to keep the _devel package in "Development" if its
> main package is in that category. People have to use the main switch
> "Show devel packages" in HaikuDepot anyway.
>
>> What do you all think about the idea to also de-categorize every lib
>> (bison, boost, lib*, etc.), keeping only development related
>> applications in the Development category?
>
> Yes. We can re-categorize those if it's decided to have sub-categories
> (e.g. development/libs or games/action | kids | puzzle | rpg | sports
> | strategy, etc.)

Sounds good. I'll remove all libs and re-add the few _devel packages
that need to go back into Development or some other category.
Should we change our minds, it is easy to re-categorize things since
we still have relatively few packages in HDS, one can slog through
them all in a day.

By the way, props to Andrew for the reporting facilities, very handy
for quick overview and making sure nothing slips through any cracks.

- luroh