[haiku-depot-web] Re: Update; Pkg Localization

  • From: Augustin Cavalier <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 13:55:39 -0500

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Julian Harnath <
julian.harnath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 01.03.2015 19:18, Humdinger wrote:
>
>> I can understand that argument. But I'm wondering if the workload to edit
>> the title of every package, dev, tool and source won't be a bit more than
>> we can handle.
>>

> Yes, that is true, and it would make sense to prioritize the localization
> of user-facing packages. I just don't see the need for a general rule to
> never localize the other ones. It could still be in the "not mandatory but
> nice to have" category.

I guess. So long as there's an option in HaikuDepot to show the original
package names (or to show another column with the original names).

Also: Somebody changed "beshare_x86" to "BeShare x86". Why not get rid of
the "x86"? The end-user shouldn't know about this, so the only packages
with "x86" ever left in the title (or _gcc2 on gcc4h) should be libraries,
command-line-tools that don't also have a GUI, and devel packages.

-Augustin