[haiku-depot-web] Re: Update; Pkg Localization

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web <haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 17:07:44 +0100

On 2 March 2015 at 15:53, luroh <lurohh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I see. In that case, I think we (Julian) will have to live with not
> localizing any Development packages, as we otherwise may run into name
> collisions like in the jasper/jasper_x86 example.

Hmm. Or we'll keep the _x86 only if there were a name collision
otherwise. There seem to be quite  a few packages that are only
available as _x86.

> Speaking of Categories though, I took the liberty of de-categorizing
> every _devel package yesterday in an effort to primarily decrease the
> number of entries in Development.

I thought we wanted to keep the _devel package in "Development" if its
main package is in that category. People have to use the main switch
"Show devel packages" in HaikuDepot anyway.

> What do you all think about the idea to also de-categorize every lib
> (bison, boost, lib*, etc.), keeping only development related
> applications in the Development category?

Yes. We can re-categorize those if it's decided to have sub-categories
(e.g. development/libs or games/action | kids | puzzle | rpg | sports
| strategy, etc.)

Regards,
Humdinger

--