[haiku-appserver] Re: pageflipper OK but/ overlay CMAP8

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 14:34:20 +0200 CEST

Stefano Ceccherini <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >though I was not able to reproduce the crashing bug >Rudolf
> > observed,
> >the window screen window doesn't span over the whole >screen, and
> >therefore the app_server starts overwriting its surface >if there is
> >some window in that area that needs a redraw (like a >running VLC,
> >Clock, etc.).
> Maybe we should add some flag to BWindowScreen's constructor, so that
> the window is always the frontmost ?

You misread me: the BWindowScreen already has the kWindowScreenFeel
which makes it frontmost window (even menus open behind it) - it just
doesn't span over the whole screen, as it doesn't follow the resolution
changes. So there can be different windows on screen at once, or at
least that's what the app_server sees.

Bye,
   Axel.